Snapchat users are complaining that they are encountering the error – “Oops! We could not find matching credentials”.
Generally, this happens when you enter an incorrect ID and password and it thinks that some other person is trying to log in to your account.
To fix it you need to reset your password. Once you reset your Snapchat password with the new one then this issue will be solved.
To reset the password, you need to follow the 6 steps.
For this you need to access to your email address or phone number as a password reset link will be sent either to your email ID or mobile number.
The 6 steps are as follows:
- Open The Snapchat App And Tap On Switch Account/Use Other Account.
- Hit On “Forget Your Password?”
- Choose Email or Phone
- Enter Your Email ID And Hit Submit
- Open Your Snapchat Email And Tap On The Link
- Change Your Password
You May Also Like: How To Fix Snapchat Camera Not Working On Android And iPhone
1. Open The Snapchat App And Tap On Switch Account/Use Other Account
- Open the app and then go to sign in/login
- On this page, you will find all your Snapchat accounts.
- Tap on “Switch Account” or “Use Other Account” to change the password.
2. Hit On “Forget Your Password?”
Once you tap on it, you will be directed to the login page.
- Here, you will be asked to log in with another account.
- You need to ignore it and tap on “Forget your password?”.
3. Choose Email or Phone
- Now, you need to select a method to reset the password.
- Here, I have selected the email.
- Tap on “Via Email”.
4. Enter Your Email ID And Hit Submit
- To change your Snapchat password you need to enter your email address.
- Here, you will get a link to change your password.
- You should receive a confirmation that the link was sent to your email ID.
5. Open Your Snapchat Email And Tap On The Link
- When you open your email, you will find the Snapchat’s email at the top.
- Open it, there you will get see a link.
- Hit on it to go to move further.
6. Change Your Password
- Enter a new password and confirm it.
- Hit on Save to fully confirm it.
- Now, you can login to your Snapchat again.
- Finally, the error is solved.
You May Also Like: How To Recover Deleted Snapchat Memories From iPhone
The above steps will help you to reset your Snapchat password to fix Snapchat we cannot find a matching username/credentials.
Sometime this error can also be fixed by applying other methods except resetting the password.
These methods are as follows:
- Updating the Snapchat application.
- Clear the cache of the app.
- Avoid using VPN.
- Restart your device and app.
- Ensure your internet connection is working fine.
- Force stop the app.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Try to login through different device.
- Uninstall unauthorized applications.
- Unroot your mobile if it is rooted.
- Lastly, you can contact to Snapchat support.
What Does Matching Credentials Mean On Snapchat?
It is a login error pointed out by a subredditor in the SnapchatHelp subreddit group.
It goes like this, Snapchat logs out you from your account and when you log in back by entering your login details then it says, “Oops! We could not find matching credentials.”
It happens when you fill the wrong details or even though the provided credentials is correct. Sometimes even you change your password, you may receive this error.
You May Also Like: WhatsApp Keeps Crashing On Android? Here Is The Real Fix!
Why You Encounter Error “Oops! We could not find matching credentials” On Snapchat?
This error can occur on your smartphone due to various reasons, some of them are listed below.
- If you are mistyping the login details.
- Maybe someone has tried to access your account and Snapchat noticed this.
- If the app has faced many data leaks because of hacking attacks.
- If it has noticed or recognized nefarious activities.
- If you have deleted your Snapchat account 30 days or more then that then your account is deleted permanently and you can’t logged in.
- When the app is not updated.
- If your account is locked due to some reason.
- If the cache data of the app gets corrupted.
How Do You Reactivate Your Snapchat Account?
To reactivate it, you need to install the Snapchat app on your mobile and then login to it via your username and password.
Then, tap on Yes > OK. Lastly, you will receive a message that says Snapchat activation process is completed.
How To Prevent “Oops! We could not find matching credentials” Error From appearing?
You can prevent this error from appearing in your Snapchat app by various methods.
- Always keep the app updated.
- Keep your details private and don’t let anyone else access them.
- Your device should be running on latest version.
- Avoid clicking on suspicious link or unsecure website.
- Make sure you enter the correct detail before clicking on login.
What To Do If Your Snapchat is Locked Permanently?
If it is permanently locked then you need to contact Snapchat Support team as they will help you to solve it.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- [Problem Solved] WhatsApp Icon Disappeared From Android
- How To Fix “Unfortunately, TouchWiz Home Has Stopped” On Android
- [Fixed] “Sync Is Currently Experiencing Problems It Will Be Back Shortly”
Jasper Madison is a passionate technical writer with more than 9 years of experience. She has a keen interest in Android and iOS and everything surrounding it. She is a technology enthusiast and fascinated with technology since her childhood days.