Every Android phone user faces different types of errors in their smartphone. Among various errors “SMS Not Sending” error code 17 is also one. In various forums and community websites, users are asking for solutions to fix “SMS Not Sending” error. If you are also an Android user and getting the same error then keep calm. In this tutorial, I am going to discuss some of the solutions to fix “SMS Not Sending” error code 17 on Android.
Before knowing the solutions to fix this error you should first know the reason why are your SMS not delivering?
You May Also Like: How To Restore SMS/Messages From Google Drive On Android
Reasons For Getting “SMS Not Sending” Error Code 17 On Android
There can be various reasons which can cause this error but here I have mentioned some of the common reasons.
- When your message app is not updated then this error occurs.
- If the SIM card is not inserted correctly then this may also cause the error.
- If your carrier doesn’t support SMS then this can also be the result too.
- Sometimes users enabled the airplane mode and trying to send messages, if this is so they also you will get message not sent error.
Now, let us look at a real user practical scenario!
Practical Scenario: A User Looking For A Fix “SMS Not Sending. Error Code 17” On Android
Trying to send a text message. When I click Send, the message stays in “Sending…” for close to a minute, before presenting the following error.
“Can’t send. Network problem. (Error code 17)”
Verizon Cellular, network is Global.
Android 10, and Messages have latest update.
I am still receiving text messages.”
Source: Google Messages Help Community
Like the above practical scenario, there are many users who are also facing the same problem and due to this, they are very frustrated and worry about it. But, now you don’t need to worry. Below, there are some effective solutions that will help you to fix “SMS Not Sending” error code 17 on Android phone.
Some Best Ways To Fix “SMS Not Sending” Error Code 17 On Android
- To fix Android message failed to send, you need to first check that the messaging app which you are using should be updated to its latest version.
- You should check that the messaging app is set as your default texting app.
- Check the SIM card is inserted properly, you can just put out the SIM card and insert it again.
- If you are on Fi, sign in to the Project Fi app.
- To fix not sending message issue, you need to also check that your phone’s carrier supports SMS.
- If your phone has no signal then it can also cause the error code, so check your signal then try.
- If your plan has expired then also it can result in the error, so have to also see that your balance on your phone.
- See if you have turned on airplane mode, if it is enabled then turn it off and then send the message.
- If you have moved from an iPhone to Android then ensure that you have deactivated iMessage for your number.
- If you are receiving this error on some contacts only then delete that contacts and add it again and try to send the text message.
- Sometimes users block some contacts and forget it and when they send messages to them, they get SMS not sent error. So, make sure the number/contact is not blocked by you or you are not blocked by them.
- Check that the number which you are using to send the SMS is correct.
Related Posts You Might Be Interested In:
- Contacts Disappeared From Android? Here How To Recover!
- How To Recover Deleted Voicemail On Android
- [Problem Solved] WhatsApp Icon Disappeared From Android
- How To Retrieve Blocked Text Messages On Android
Well, these are the 12 different ways to fix “SMS Not Sending” error code 17 on Android phone. You have also learned the reasons behind this error. So, whenever you get any error on your smartphone you don’t need to worry as there are many issues that can be solved by yourself.
Jasper Madison is a passionate technical writer with more than 9 years of experience. She has a keen interest in Android and iOS and everything surrounding it. She is a technology enthusiast and fascinated with technology since her childhood days.