Instagram allows you to start a conversation with friends through photos, text, videos, etc.
You can also unsend messages that you have sent in chat that would be deleted from both sides.
In vanish mode on Instagram, you can have temporary conversations as the messages and photos are deleted once they are seen.
On the other side, Instagram notes allow sharing a temporary post of 60 characters with text and emojis, and music.
However, many people are facing problems where they cannot unsend messages once they are sent.
So, we decided to help you and provided this guide on how to fix Instagram Unsend message not working.
But before moving to the fixes, let’s check out the causes first.
Causes: Why Can’t I Unsend Messages Anymore On Instagram?
There can be a couple of reasons why you are not able to unsend the messages.
1. Internet connection must be poor or unstable.
2. You may have reached your limit to unsend messages.
3. Instagram is down you need to wait to back it up.
You May Also Like: [SOLVED] “You can’t leave likes for 3 days” on Instagram
How To Solve Instagram Unsend Message Not Working.
Try to download Instagram Lite from the Google Play Store to solve Instagram unsend message problem.
In another way, you can try downloading the older version of Instagram.
#1. Download Instagram Lite (Android)
Instagram lite is the lighter version of Instagram designed for users with limited internet connection. So it requires less data for chat conversations, viewing posts, and stories.
Step 1 – Open Google Play Store and search Instagram lite.
Step 2 – Download Instagram Lite and log in to your account.
Step 3 – Open your messages section and try to unsend the message.
#2. Download An Older Version Of Instagram (Android)
Step 1 – Uninstall the Instagram app from your phone.
Step 2 – Download Instagram older version. By going through the link.
Step 3 – Choose “Older version”, then install an older version of Instagram.
Step 4 – Go to your messages section and then try to unsend messages.
You May Also Like: Facebook Watch Video Icon Not Showing? Here How To Fix!
#3. Unsend The Message On Instagram Web Version
Step 1 – Go to instagram.com on your phone browser or desktop.
Step 2 – Open your Instagram account in it and go to messages.
Step 3 – Open the Chatbox and then tap on the Chat bubble and select the 3 dots and then tap on Unsend.
Additional Fixes: How To Solve Instagram Unsend Message Not Working
1. Update Instagram – Go to the App Store/Google Play store and search for Instagram and tap on Update.
2. Clear Instagram cache – Force exit > open Settings app >Apps > Instagram > tap on Storage > tap on Clear cache > tap on Clear data > re-open Instagram app.
3. Log out and log in – Open Instagram > tap on Profile >Menu > Settings >Log out >Login again.
4. Force exit and reopen – Swipe up from the bottom, navigate to the Instagram card, and then swipe it up.
5. Uninstall and Re-Install – Go to Google Play Store/App Store and search Instagram and then tap on Uninstall after Instagram is uninstalled tap on Install to re-install again.
6. Wait – If Instagram is down, you need to wait for some time for the server issue to be fixed.
You May Also Like: [FIXED] “Post Unavailable” On TikTok
People Also Ask
Why Can’t You Unsend A Message On Instagram?
This feature of unsend allows users to delete messages within the time limit of 10 minutes. Once the time limit crosses, the message cannot be unsend. and it doesn’t work for Instagram-posted comments on stories.
Did Instagram Remove Unsend Messages?
If you have unsend a message in the chat, that will not be visible to people in the chat. the message you have sent must be seen.
Whenever you face several issues on Instagram then you can go through this guide that covers the topic of how to troubleshoot when Instagram unsend message not working.
I hope you liked this guide, if you found this guide helpful then do share it with others.
Posts You Might Also Be Interested In:
- Fix Instagram “We’ve detected automated behavior on your account”
- Fix “This channel cannot be displayed” on Telegram
- Fix Twitter Error “Something went wrong. Try reloading”
- Getting “Page Not Available” On TikTok? Here How To Fix!
Jasper Madison is a passionate technical writer with more than 9 years of experience. She has a keen interest in Android and iOS and everything surrounding it. She is a technology enthusiast and fascinated with technology since her childhood days.