Have your iPhone 14 (Pro) overheating when you plug it on charging? You don’t have any idea why this is happening and how to fix it.
Don’t Fret! This troubleshooting guide is going to provide 15 easy and effective solutions to fix iPhone 14/14 Pro overheating while charging and its shuts down.
Before you proceed to the main solutions, you should first try the quick tips.
Quick Tips To Fix iPhone 14 or 14 Pro Overheating While Plugged In Charging And It Gets Shut Down
- Remove the phone cover and all other accessories.
- Make sure you are using an original or Apple certified charger.
- If you bought a wireless charger then try to charge your iDevice with it.
- You can turn on low power mode on by going to Settings > Battery > Low Power Mode.
- Disable location service by going to Settings > Privacy & Security > Location Services and toggle off the Location Services.
- Remove lock screen widgets. For this, you need to long press anywhere on your locked iPhone’s screen and then tap on Customize at the bottom. When you visit edit mode then tap on the widget box situated below the clock and then remove the widget that you wish to remove by hitting on the minus (–) icon at the top left of a widget. You can follow the same step to remove other widgets lock screen.
- Avoid using your device in direct sunlight and for GPS tracking, game and navigation.
- Don’t charge your iPhone to 100%.
- Use non-fast charger.
- Turn off “Rise to Wake” feature by going to Settings > Display & Brightness. Then disable “Rise to Wake”.
- Update all apps by going to Apple App Store > tap on your profile at the top right corner of the screen. Then go to applications and update all the apps.
- Enable Auto Brightness.
- Temporarily disable 5G.
- Reduce Screen Motion.
If you have applied all these quick solutions but still the issue is not solved then follow the below fixes one by one to solve iPhone 14 (Pro) overheating while charging and its shutdown problem.
You May Also Like: App Disappeared From iPhone But Still Installed? How To Get Back App Icon!
9 Ways To Fix iPhone 14 (Pro) Overheating While Charging and It Gets Switched Off
Fix 1: Don’t Use iPhone While Charging
Many people use their phones while charging which affects the battery life. Also, experts suggest not to use mobile while it is charging.
So, if you do this, then avoid doing it. When you put it on charging then allow it to charge fully and then use it. Also, you should avoid playing heavy games or use any app for a long period of time.
Fix 2: Switch Off Phone And Then Charge It
Many users have reported that they solved the iPhone 14 overheating issue by simply turning off the phone and then putting it on charging.
When you switch off your phone then all the processors get shut down including programs and applications. This will cut down the heat and only give importance to charging.
Fix 3: Disable Always On Display
iPhone 14 has come up with the great feature Always On Display. When you turn on this feature then it will show you the time, date, and your lock screen widgets on the dark screen even if you have locked your phone with Side key.
Disabling the Always On Display will help you to solve the heating issue.
Here, follow the steps to turn off Always On Display:
- On your Phone open the Settings
- After this, go to Display & Brightness.
- Then toggle off the option Always On.
You May Also Like: How To Fix iPad White Screen With Black Border/Black Edges
Fix 4: Update The iPhone
If there is some bugs and glitches in your iPhone 14 then this can also overheat your phone. Hence, you should check update for your iOS device, may be the latest update has come to fix this issue.
Below follow the steps to update it to the latest version:
- On your iPhone, run the Settings app.
- After this, navigate to General
- Here, you need to choose Software Update.
- If you find the update then Download and Install
Fix 5: Disable Background App Refresh
Backup App Refresh allows the apps to update their items in the background so that when you open any app then you will get the latest contents updated on it.
But this feature also drain battery and make your phone to overheat. Therefore, you can turn off this feature to resolve the issue.
Below are the steps to do this:
Step 1: On your iPhone 14 series phone, launch the Settings app.
Step 2: Then hit on General > Background App Refresh.
Step 3: Choose the apps that you wish to disable this feature for. Ensure that you not disable this feature for important apps.
Fix 6: Reset All Settings
You can reset all settings to solve overheating while charging. This will not erase any data so you don’t need to worry about it.
Here are the steps to reset all settings:
- Go to Settings > General.
- Tap on Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset.
- After this, hit on Reset All Settings.
Related Posts You Might Be Interested In:
- [Fixed] iPhone Says Searching At The Top And Can’t Be Activated
- Phone Got Bent? Here’s How To Fix A Bent Phone!
- 9 Tips To Enhance Security & Privacy on Smartphones
- How To Recover Deleted Shortcuts On iPhone/Android
Fix 7: Restore Your iPhone To DFU Mode
DFU Restore can help you to fix this problem. It will provide you 2 options, one is Restore and another is Update. You should first select Update and if it failed to solve the issue then select Restore.
Note: You should first backup your iPhone and then follow the steps to DFU restore.
Below, follow the steps to do the same:
Step 1: Open the Settings app on your iPhone and then hit on your name.
Step 2: Then go to iCloud > iCloud Backup > Backup Up Now.
Step 3: Now, with the help of USB cable connect your iPhone to Windows or Mac.
Step 4: Select Trust on your iPhone’s screen and then open iTunes on Windows or MacOS Mojava or earlier or Finder on macOS Catalina or later.
Step 5: Press and let go to the Volume Up key.
Step 6: Again, press and let go Volume Down key.
Step 7: Now, press and hold the Side key for few seconds.
Step 8: Again press and hold the Side key for 6 seconds and then press and hold the Volume Down key.
Step 9: Once you leave the Side key, press and hold the Volume Down key for another 12 seconds.
Note: Your phone’s screen will remain black. If you find the Apple logo on the screen then it means that the process is not completed successfully and you need to repeat the above steps.
Step 10: Next, you need to follow the on-screen steps on your PC to complete the firmware update.
Step 11: At last restart your computer to leave the DFU mode.
Fix 8: Factory Reset Your iPhone 14 (Pro)
If the above fixes do not help you in solving the problem then you can factory reset your iPhone 14 (14 Pro). But before resetting the iDevice, ensure you have backup of all important data, because it will wipe all your device data.
Here, follow the steps to factory reset:
- Open the Settings app.
- Then hit on General.
- After this, select Transfer and Reset iPhone > Reset.
- When the reset process gets completed, set up your iPhone and then use it.
If it solves the issue then it is good but if not then you should contact Apple Support for help.
You May Also Like: Ultimate Guide To Fix iPhone Stuck on Spinning Circle
Fix 9: Replace Or Return Your iPhone
Lastly, if all the solutions get failed then you can return your iPhone. Though Apple let their users to return the iPhone if they got any error or malfunctions within 14 days of purchase.
When you submit the request or visit the Apple Store then you will get the option to replace it with a new phone or refund.
To know more about the Return and Refunds you can visit this page.
People Also Asks Related To iPhone Getting Hot And Turning Off Issues
Why Your iPhone Get Hot/Overheat And Shut Off?
There could be numerous reasons that can lead to this problem. Some of them are as follows:
- If Always on Display is enabled.
- When you left your phone in charging after 100% charge is completed.
- If you are playing heavy games.
- It can also happen if your device is not updated.
- Background app refresh can also trigger this issue.
Can An iPhone Overheat And Turn Off?
YES, many iPhone 14 or 14 Pro users have complained that their phone overheat and turn off.
What To Do When iPhone Gets Hot?
When your iPhone gets hot here is what you need to do. Follow some solutions like avoid using the phone while charging, turn off Always on Display, update the device, and all other methods mentioned above.
We hope the solutions that I have mentioned above will surely help you to fix iPhone 14/14 Pro overheating while charging and its shuts down. Try using the fixes one by one until you solve the problem.
Jasper Madison is a passionate technical writer with more than 9 years of experience. She has a keen interest in Android and iOS and everything surrounding it. She is a technology enthusiast and fascinated with technology since her childhood days.