As a content creator on YouTube, you may want to engage with your viewers by enabling comments on your videos.
Comments allow viewers to share their thoughts, opinions, and feedback, making it easier for you to build a community around your channel.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps on how to turn on comments on YouTube videos.
You May Also Like: YouTube Shorts Thumbnail Download: How To Do It In Easy Way!
Why Turn On Comments?
Before we dive into how to enable comments on your YouTube videos, let’s briefly discuss why it is essential.
Here are some reasons why you should consider turning on comments:
Feedback – It provides valuable feedback from your viewers. You can use this feedback to improve your content and engage with your audience.
Community Building – It allows you to interact with your viewers and build a community around your channel. This can lead to increased engagement, views, and subscribers.
Boost Search Ranking – YouTube’s algorithm considers engagement metrics like comments, likes, and shares when ranking videos. Enabling the feature can improve your video’s search ranking.
Finally, let’s see the steps to turn on comments.
You May Also Like: YouTube Video Downloader: Top Platform To Download YouTube Videos
How To Turn On Comments on YouTube Videos
Now that you know why comments are essential, let’s take a look at how to turn it on your YouTube videos.
Follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Log in to Your YouTube Account
Go to YouTube and log in to your account. Click on your profile picture at the top right corner of the page and select “YouTube Studio” from the dropdown menu.
Step 2: Select Your Video
In the YouTube Studio dashboard, select the video for which you want to enable comments. Click on the video to open the video editor.
Step 3: Click on “Comments and ratings”
In the video editor, scroll down and click on “Show More”.
Scroll down to the “Comments and ratings” section. If it is disabled, you will see that “Disable comments” will be already checked.
Step 4: Enable Comments
Now to enable comments, you have to select the option “Allow all comments”.
You can also select other options such as “Hold potentially inappropriate comments for review” or “Hold all comments for review”.
Step 5: Save Changes
Once you’ve enabled it, click on the “Save” button to save your changes.
Congratulations! You have now successfully turned on comments on your YouTube video.
You May Also Like: Want To Watch YouTube Video Offline on iPhone – Try These Methods!
Best Practices for Comment Moderation
While comments can be a great way to engage with your audience, they can also attract spam, hate speech, and other unwanted content. To keep your comment section clean and engaging, here are some best practices for moderation:
- Respond to Comments – You should respond in a timely and respectful manner. This can encourage further engagement and build a stronger community around your channel.
- Set Guidelines – Set clear guidelines for what is acceptable in your comment section. This can help prevent spam, hate speech, and other unwanted content.
- Use Filters – Use YouTube’s filters to automatically hide or review comments that contain certain words or phrases.
- Block Users – Block users who repeatedly post inappropriate comments or violate your guidelines.
- Disable Comments – If you’re unable to moderate effectively, consider disabling comments on your videos.
You May Also Like: How To Recover Deleted Photos & Videos From Samsung Secure Folder
Comments are an essential part of engaging with your audience and building a community around your channel.
By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily turn on comments on your YouTube videos and start engaging with your viewers.
Remember to also practice good moderation to keep your comment section clean and engaging.
1. Can I turn off comments on my video?
Yes, you can choose to disable comments on your video by selecting the “Disable comments” under the “Comments and ratings” section.
2. How do I approve comments from specific users?
In the “Comments and ratings” section, select the “Hold all comments for review” option. You can then read and approve them one by one.
3. Why are some comments automatically held for review?
YouTube’s algorithm automatically holds comments for review if they contain certain words or phrases that may be considered spam or inappropriate. You can manually approve or delete them.
4. Can I enable comments on my old YouTube videos?
Yes, you can enable comments on your old YouTube videos by following the same steps outlined in this article. Simply select the video you want to enable comments on in the YouTube Studio dashboard and select “Allow all comments” and click on “Save” button.
5. What should I do if I receive a negative or hateful comment?
If you receive a negative or hateful comment, do not respond with anger or hostility. Instead, try to respond calmly and respectfully.
You can also choose to delete them or block the user if they continue to post inappropriate comments.
Remember to always practice good moderation to keep your comment section clean and engaging.
You Might Also Be Interested In:
- How To Transfer GoPro Videos To Android Phone [4 Solutions]
- How To Recover Deleted Videos From Android Phone Without Root
- How To Recover Deleted or Lost Videos On Samsung Galaxy
- Unable To Download Podcasts On iPhone? Here’s The Real Fix!
Jasper Madison is a passionate technical writer with more than 9 years of experience. She has a keen interest in Android and iOS and everything surrounding it. She is a technology enthusiast and fascinated with technology since her childhood days.